|About Us | Events|
Wind Down Fridays at the Farm Stand!
Visit our farm stand this Friday for live music while you shop during our extended hours! We will be joined again by the Homebrew Music Collective. Join us for shopping and local musicians!
Join Us for the Fun in the Sun Sundays Series!
Stop by Crossroads Farm on Sunday August 16th from 10am to 2pm to use our sunflowers as the perfect backdrop for your photos! Create family shots, selfies, or anything under the sun with our beautiful sunflowers as your inspiration!
Learn how to create natural colorful dyes using veggies, flowers, and spices from the garden! Using these dyes and tie-dyeing techniques, participants will dye a t-shirt. Bring a white cotton t-shirt and Crossroads will provide the rest!
Summer Ed Tie-Dyeing Workshop!
Join our education department for a natural tie-dyeing workshop for kids! You don’t want to miss it!
Summer Ed at the Farm!
Our Young Farmers drew and painted the beautiful flowers of Crossroads this week! They created masterpieces like “Cool Sunflowers” and “Eruption of Beautiful Flowers.”
Recipes From the Farm Stand
Stop by our farm stand to get the ingredients for Melon Basil Summer Rolls! Use conventional cantaloupe and Crossroad’s organic basil to create these delicious treats!
Compost Tea Sale!
Sale! Our compost tea is 25% off until 8/16! Our Organically Produced Compost Tea from Crossroads Farm contains microorganisms and beneficial bacteria which can serve as a great soil amendment to revitalizing indoor and outdoor plants. It provides a good biological environment and a steady flow of nutrients.
Donate to the Farm
All proceeds of the farm stand go towards the operation of Crossroads Farm. Crossroads Farm is operated by the Nassau Land trust, a nonprofit organization. Support small organic farms and the organizations that help to keep them in operation. Your donation and purchases in our farm stand make it all possible.
Extended Farm Stand, Store and Market Hours
- Wednesday 10 to 1 (popup store)
- Fridays 3 to 6 (farm stand)
- Saturdays 9 to 1 (farm stand and farmers market)
- Sundays 10 to 2 (farm stand)
The farmers market is open every Saturday!
For optional pre-ordering, please see information and links below. Please note that pre-ordering ensures your item selection and speeds pickup to some extent. However, since pickups are from each separate vendor, we are not offering curb-side pickup at the farm perimeter; you will still need to enter the market area where we limit shopper counts to enable social distancing in accordance with state pandemic regulations.
Please note that the cutoff for placing pre-orders is 4 PM Friday unless otherwise noted in the vendor list below.
The hours for picking up orders on Saturday will be from 9 to 12 noon only! Your order will not held after 12 PM.
Violet Cove Oysters
- Oysters: 1 dozen $12; 2 dozen $20
- Clams: 1 dozen $8
- Mussels: $10 2 lb. bags
- Founder: 1 lb. portions
- Sword Fish (limited supply)
- Seas scallops: $22
- Tuna steak A1 sushi grade: $20
- To order, please email email@example.com
- Pay via Venmo: @susan-wicks
- More information: https://violetcoveoysters.com/
Vines and Branches
Finks Family Farm and Market
- Finks is no longer offering pre-orders due to the warming weather and the need to keep produce fresh
- Download the complete list of offerings here
The Big Cheese
- Cheeses, pastured eggs $6 per dozen, creamline milk $4.50 per quart, fresh whole chicken $20 (about 3.5 lbs)
- For more information and to place orders email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pay at time of pickup
- Eco-friendly, low-waste body products and green gifts for men and women.
- NEW! Our plastic free, solid dish soap is back in stock! Come check it out!
- NEW! Dandelion Poppy Soap is back in stock!
- COMING SOON: Buzz Off! (Our all-natural mosquito repellent) and Lavender Bug Bite Sticks (to take the itch away)
- Email your order to Kathy at email@example.com
- Pay by Venmo @backyardbees for quick pick up or at time of pick up by cash, credit or Paypal
- More information on Facebook
Sal & Jerry’s Bakery
- Pre-order cutoff time Wednesday at 5 PM
- ***New Item*** Sal & Jerry’s Bakery will be collaborating with Blue Duck Bakery to bring you Sour Dough. We are proud to be offering a product from a Long Island staple like Blue Duck Bakery. $5.00
- Prosciutto Bread $7.00
- Stuffed Breads: Spinach, Broccoli, Eggplant, Pepperoni, Olive, Tomato and Onion, and Provolone Breads $7.00
- Italian Cookies: Assorted Combo, Choc Chip, Lemon Drops and Ricotta Cookies $7.00
- Pound Cakes: Lemon, Apple Crumb, Coffee Cake, and Banana Crunch $7.00
- Lemon Crumb Cakes: Lemon Raspberry, Lemon Blueberry, Lemon Cream $7.00
- Quiches $15.00 Sausage Butternut Squash Quiche, Roasted Tomato Basil Quiche
- Small Pies $7.00 Peach Raspberry Pie, Apple Walnut Pie, Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
- Fruit of the Orchard Tarts – Apples, Cherries, Raspberries, Black Berries and Blueberries $9.00
- Apple Raisin Walnut Tarts – Apples, Raisins, Walnuts $9.00
- Red, White and Blue Pie – Cherries, Blueberries, and Apples, $22.00 4lbs of Fruit
- Pina Colada Rings- Cream Cake with Fresh Pineapple, Cherries, Coconut Flakes, and Rum. $12.00
- Colonial Apple Pie – 4lbs of Apples!!! Wrapped in Pie Dough, It’s a big pie Orders Only $22.00
- To pre-order, email Gianni at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pay at time of pickup or prepay with Paypal.
Gentle Brew Coffee Roasters
- Freshly roasted coffee, 12 oz bags
- Dark Roast, $10
- Medium Roast, $10
- Brazil DaTerra (Medium-Light Roast), $16
- Sumatra Mandheling (Fair Trade & Organic- Dark Roast), $11
- Swiss Water Process Decaf Colombia (Medium Roast), $11
- Coffee by the cup: $2
- 64 oz Cold Brew Growlers $25
- 12 oz cold brew bottles $4
- 16 oz cold brew by the cup with ice $4
- assorted baked-from-scratch pastries including muffins and scones
- At market, payment may be made via cash or credit card.
- Pre-orders- email email@example.com by Thursday at 5pm.
- For GROUND coffee orders, orders need to be pre-ordered, and payment will be arranged prior to market.
- Products that can be pre-ordered (limited inventory on some items):
- Organic Produce
- Local honey, 1 lb jar $20, 1/2 lb jar $11
- Seed packets from Crossroads Farm $3.50
- Crossroads Farm Compost
- $2 per gallon
- $8 per cubic foot (bagged)
- $60 per yard (loose) — by appointment only
- $250 per 5 yards (loose) — by appointment only
- Our compost tea $9.95 per half gallon
- Compost dry tea bag $8
- Vinegar solution weed killer: $24.95
- Email Nella to place an order: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prepay using Venmo @nassau-landtrust or pay at time of pickup
Ridgewood Pork Store
- Contact Jonel at email@example.com for products and pricing
Bright Eye Beer Company
- 4-packs of our Pilsner & IPA available at $18/pack and $20/pack.
- Limited 32 oz. crowlers will available for $13/can, but these can also be preordered online
- For pre-ordering, please place order online. When selecting a item to purchase, in the popup box select the dropdown “Crossroads Farm” as your pickup location
- Website for ordering is www.brighteyebeerco.com – will be open for ordering every evening this week anytime past 8pm
Peck’s of Maine
- Fruit Spreads 1 for $8; 2 for $15; 3 for $22 — Mainer Christmas, Sunshine Strawberry, Strawberry Rhubarb, Wicked Good Wild Maine Blueberry, Four Berry Moose Mashup, Cry of the Loon Raspberry, Cranberry Jalapeno, Sweet Cherry
- Email your order to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pay at time of pickup (cash or cc)
- More information: www.pecksofmaine.com
- Flavored Moonshines and Aged Whiskey
- Flavored Moonshine (Honey, Raspberry, and Apple Pie): $20 for 375ml
- Private First Class Aged Whiskey: $35 for 375ml
Our activities to date align with our plans for limiting public events during this time of social distancing and conforms to CDC and State of New York guidelines. Farm staff and the folks at the tables will be wearing masks and asking customers to shop at each table one at a time. Please be respectful of others as you visit the farm, do not come in groups, and wear a mask. If you do not come with a mask or choose not to wear one, we will not be able to admit you to the farm.
As previously reported and to bolster the safety of our staff and community, except as outlined in this email, the farm is generally closed to visitors and that policy will continue until further notice.
We appreciate your passion and support, and we hope to see you on Saturday!
|Click donate to make a fully tax-deductible contribution. Or click volunteer to offer your time. Our success depends on you, our extended farm family!|