Crossroads Farm seeks an Education Department Coordinator. This person will be active in every aspect of the Crossroads Farm Education Program and reports to the Education Co-directors.
• Schedule and staff school trips (reviewed by Education Co- directors)
• Use Google calendar for scheduling and transfer to the Softwhite system for data.
• Keep track of all education registrations and contracts
• Arrange meetings for education team
• Learn about the “field” organic and biodynamic farming and gardening, farm-based education
• Through active outreach, solicit and build relationships with schools, girls scouts, boy scouts, youth groups and other community groups to increase bookings
• Develop adult and family oriented education opportunities
• Coordinate Summer Sunshine Days
• Help care for the Teaching Garden
• Work under and learn from education gardeners and Field Manager
• Work with Adelphi interns
• Help out (seeding, harvesting, etc.) wherever there is an immediate need if education work is completed.
• Effective educator who enthusiastically engages students in experiential learning
• Organizational skills to coordinate and plan educational experiences
• Good communication skills for telephone, email, and office interaction.
• Creative graphic arts skills for making fliers, website entries, invoices.
• Photographic skills to account for education activities both on and off the farm
Education degree and experience preferred.
9 months (March- November), 20 hours a week on site.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.