Join Us on Saturday, April 21st for Opening Day Festivities!
Looking for something fun to do outdoors with your family on Saturday, April 21st between 12 noon and 5 pm? Plan to come to Crossroads Farms in Malverne for Opening and Earth Day fun for all. Adults have some Craft Beer and wine while your little ones play and learn. Plan to have lunch with us from the food trucks: Empanada Queen, Teriyaki Plus and Kona Ice. Here are some of the great things to participate in:
- Meet the beekeepers who make our local honey from 1- 3 pm.
- Outdoor Yoga anyone? Bring a mat or blanket and participate in a class by Revolution Yoga’s Allison Dash from 2-3 pm.
- Book Trade – have books you have completed or kids that have out grown you’d like to donate? Bring a book (or several) then select new ones. Any remaining books will be donated to The Book Fairies.
- Have an old T-shirt (or several) you’d like to repurpose … bring them and create a bag out of your old T-shirt. Come meet local couple Nicole and Matt as they teach you how to make your bag and some waste reducing tips.
- All day we will have samples galore from vendors that sell their wonderful products at Crossroads.
- Learn from Crossroads Farms Education Department about seed saving while you do it and then plant a seed to take home and watch grow.
- Have a Girl Scout in your home? Have her at the Farm prior to 12:30 pm to participate in an Earth Day Sign Language activity. Girl Scouts pay $10 for an opportunity to earn a badge from participating. Check the website for additional details and special Girl Scout pricing.
- Live music from The Project!
To purchase tickets for Opening Day:
If you’ve volunteered in the past and would like to help out on Opening Day click the link below:
Upcoming Fundraisers in 2018
Mark your calendar and join us for one or all of our fundraisers. There’s something for everyone in our new Barnyard Event Series. We are adding new food and beverage vendors, lots of exciting activities including line dancing, different and fresh local bands and more entertainment. Don’t worry though, some of your old favorites will still be here for you to enjoy!
We are excited about our upcoming events and look forward to seeing you back at the farm this season.
What’s New at the Farmstand this Season?
The farmstand will be re-opening on Saturday, April 21st. Please stop in and shop. We’ll have twelve (12) of our vendors on-site with samples and information about their products during our Opening Day celebration.
New Product Line Up:
Cairncrest Farm – Crossroads is the “drop-off” site for 100% grass fed beef & lamb, pastured pork & poultry. Please contact them directly for more information and to purchase the products.
All the Buzz Honey – Due to the high demand for our very own honey, we’re going to be carrying honey from another local apiary. We will also be carrying their handmade beeswax candles and lip balm. Their product will be available in the store in July.
Lilly Skillet Granola – 12oz. bags of organic oats, organic pecans, organic Turkish apricot, unsweetened coconut, pumpkin seeds, extra virgin olive oil, honey, salt, fennel seeds & sesame seeds
Gimme Chimmi – a versitile organic chimmi churri seasoning for your veggies or meats. It’s a delicate blend of: organic parsley, organic oregano, organic garlic, organic black pepper, organic red chili flakes, organic basil, organic thyme & salt.
New gluten free and vegan snacks.
We appreciate your patronage and look forward to seeing you at the farmstand this season!
A Beautiful New Look for the Barn at Crossroads!
Boy Scout Troop 24 had a successful car wash fundraiser in March to raise money for paint and supplies to dress up the barn. They also power washed, scraped and sanded the building during three (3) visits to the Farm. The building is now ready for paint. Benny Montalbano of Elite Painting will professionally paint the barn with the assistance of the scouts this weekend.
We can only successful when we have the support and assistance of our community. We are so grateful to Boy Scout Troop 24 and Elite Painting for giving the barn a much needed face lift!
Here’s a rendering of the planned changes:
Attention Landscapers and Home Gardeners: We Have Compost!
We produce high-quality organic compost at Crossroads Farm in conjuction with the New York Equestrian Center. Get the composted manure that we use on our farm crops.
We have large volumes available at very competitive pricing.
- 1 gallon – $2.00
- 5 gallons – $8.00
- 1 yard – $60.00
- 5 yards -$250.00
- 10 yards – $450.00
- Contact us regarding larger volume pricing
For inquiries email email@example.com
Support Crossroads Farm and Purchase Your 2018 CSA Booklets Today!
Support your local farm by providing revenue before the next growing season. This revenue goes towards the purchase of soil, seeds, and other farming supplies.
Here’s how Crossroads Farm Consumer Supported Agriculture (CSA) works:
- Purchase your CSA booklet at $50 and receive $55 worth of coupons.
- Purchase your CSA booklet at $100 and receive $110 worth of coupons.
- Use your CSA coupons for purchases in the farm stand.
Additionally, customers using their CSA booklets get a 10% discount on all their farm stand purchases.
You may purchase your CSA booklets on-line by by clicking the link below or in the store when we open on April 21st.
Want to get involved? Want to make a difference at the farm and in your community? We have a vibrant and well organized volunteer program. Maybe this is the year for you to get your hands in the dirt and to help sustain this unique and exciting project. Without volunteers, we couldn’t get all the work done. We are truly a community effort! We will be enhancing our volunteer program to increase your knowledge of farming. We’ll also teach you some biodynamic principles to use on the farm and apply at your homestead.
Two orientation dates have been set up for the Spring season: Sat., April 14th and Sun, June 3rd at 10:30 AM. At these orientations you will learn about the farm and the different activities and opportunities you may participate in. Please click the link below to sign up.
If you can’t make these dates, we are in the process of creating an orientation video and package that you’ll be able to access via Crossroads website or at the farm. Stay tuned!
Please sign up here to join us.
The Farmstand will REOPEN on Saturday, April 21st!
Tuesday – Sunday 10 AM – 6:00 PM
|Click donate to make a fully tax-deductible contribution. Or click volunteer to offer your time. Our success depends on you, our extended farm family!