Seeking Part Time – Education Department Coordinator
Crossroads Farm seeks an Education Department Coordinator. This person will be active in every aspect of the Crossroads Farm Education Program and reports to the Education Co-directors.
Please read the description below and forward your cover letter/resume in .doc or pdf format to email@example.com. Thank you!
- Schedule and staff school trips (reviewed by Education Co- directors)
- Use Google calendar for scheduling and transfer to the Softwhite system for data.
- Keep track of all education registrations and contracts
- Arrange meetings for education team
- Learn about the “field” organic and biodynamic farming and gardening, farm-based education
- Through active outreach, solicit and build relationships with schools, girls scouts, boy scouts, youth groups and other community groups to increase bookings
- Develop adult and family oriented education opportunities
- Coordinate Summer Sunshine Days
- Help care for the Teaching Garden
- Work under and learn from education gardeners and Field Manager
- Work with Adelphi interns
- Help out (seeding, harvesting, etc.) wherever there is an immediate need if education work is completed.
- Effective educator who enthusiastically engages students in experiential learning
- Organizational skills to coordinate and plan educational experiences
- Good communication skills for telephone, email, and office interaction.
- Creative graphic arts skills for making fliers, website entries, invoices.
- Photographic skills to account for education activities both on and off the farm
Education degree and experience preferred, but not required.
9 months (March- November 2018), 20 hours a week on site.
|Click donate to make a fully tax-deductible contribution. Or click volunteer to offer your time. Our success depends on you, our extended farm family!|