We are now accepting applications for our Farm worker position to start in the spring. We have some very talented volunteers so we’d like to see if any of you are interested before we advertise. This is an exciting and challenging seasonal full-time job. Please do not call us about this job. All applications must be by email with a resume attached.
Works under the direction of the Farm Manager in the day to day farm operations with a concentration on field preparation, cultivation, machine maintenance in accordance with NOFA-NY organic farming guidelines. The Farm Worker takes direction from the Farm Manager.
- Seeds and grows in Crossroads Farm’s greenhouse.
- Sows seeds directly in the fields.
- Assists with the maintenance of perennial beds (raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, herbs), the Children’s Teaching Garden, and the apple and pear orchard. This includes sowing seeds, weeding, transplanting, pest control and harvesting.
- Informs Farm Manager of crop and field progress and any issues.
- Performs temperature logging of off-site compost used at Crossroads farm per NOFA requirements.
- Prepares and applies compost, cover crop and crop rotation plans.
- Plows and prepares fields.
- Operates tractors, tractor-drawn machinery, hog brushes, and other machinery to maintain the farm and fields.
- Able to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Transplants seedlings in a timely manner.
- Uses appropriate action to controls pests and weeds in the fields.
- Irrigates and cultivates crops.
- Harvests vegetables, herbs, berries and fruit in a timely manner.
- Repairs, maintains and stores all necessary farm equipment.
- Performs record keeping tasks related to the farm field and greenhouse operation.
- Must have valid drivers license.
Thank you for your interest.
|Click donate to make a fully tax-deductible contribution. Or click volunteer to offer your time. Our success depends on you, our extended farm family!|