There’s several events coming up at Crossroads farm in the coming weeks, sign-up or purchase your tickets below.
SAVE when you buy your tickets in advance!
Sunday, Sept 11, 2016 at 12:30 PM– “A Spoonful of Honey” – a free Community Outreach event and bee workshop in partnership with the Malverne Jewish Center. Click here for details and sign-up for this event.
Friday, Sept 30, 2016 at 7:00 PM – “As You Like It” – the Malverne Civic Wine Event at Crossroads farm. Click here for more details and ticket prices.
Sunday, October 16, 2016 at 12:00 PM – Annual Fall Festival – come enjoy music, refreshments, and hayrides at Crossroads farm. Click here for details .
Saturday, October 22, 2016 at 1:00 PM – Annual Oktoberfest at Crossroads farm. Click here for more details and ticket prices.
Looking for volunteers to assist with the festivities during these events. Please click here if you’d like to volunteer for one or all of these events.
Spruce up your summer garden with half-priced annuals and perennials, many plants to chose from including annual bedding plants, large potted annuals, a wide assortment of hanging baskets, hibiscus trees, roses and many varieties of both sun and shade perennials to enjoy year after year. Get them while you can!
Crossroads Farm’s Own Produce
Cabbage – Green
Tomatoes -Valencia, large slicing varieties & cherry
Peppers – green, red and yellow bell and jalapeno
Eggplant – small and large variety
String Beans – tri-colored (green, yellow and purple)
Herbs – Basil, Oregano, Sage, Thyme, & Mint
Fresh cut flowers
Try a New Corn Recipe !
Spicy Corn on the Cob with Lime Butter
- 4 large fresh corn on the cob, shucked
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- zest of 1 lime
- 1 lime, quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt, plus more for finishing
- ground cayenne and/or pepper to taste, optional
- minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a small pot combine butter, lime zest, salt and red pepper flakes. If using, add pepper and/or cayenne. Once butter has melted, stir, turn off heat and let ingredients steep.
- Add corn to a pot of boiling water well salted. Boil for 6 to 7 minutes, uncovered. Remove from heat, and set aside. Drizzle butter mixture over ears of corn and finish with a squeeze of lime, a pinch of salt and a sprinkle of parsley.
Summer Store Hours
Starting Wednesday, August 31st we’ll be open every Wednesday.
Monday, Tuesday – We’re closed on these days, but ring the bell: if we’re nearby, we’ll open the door and assist you with your purchase!
Wednesday, Thursday & Friday – 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Saturday – 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Sunday – 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
|Click donate to make a fully tax-deductible contribution. Or click volunteer to offer your time. Our success depends on you, our extended farm family!|